Pain. Suffering. Discomfort. Agony. Torture. However you describe your current situation I'm sure it's not great.
There are all types of pain; head, back, surgery, nephropathy, phantom, chronic, dull, sharp and mental to name a few. You can turn to the over the counter meds, hardcore prescriptions or the ever popular cannabis (either full fledged or CBD), but what if you're trying to find a natural solution to resolve your pain. That's where I come in. My goal is that this post will give you a little insight and bring you some relief or at least hope for some relief soon.
Deep Blue is an amazing oil (and Rub) that contains strong soothing and cooling properties.
doTERRA Deep Blue is perfect for a soothing massage after a long day of work. Wintergreen, Camphor, Peppermint, Ylang Ylang, Helichrysum, Blue Tansy, Blue Chamomile, and Osmanthus work together to soothe and cool. After long hours on the computer, try rubbing Deep Blue proprietary blend on your fingers, wrists, shoulders, and neck. A few drops of Deep Blue Soothing Blend diluted in doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil can be part of a cooling and comforting massage.
- Apply on feet and knees before and after exercise.
- Massage Deep Blue with a few drops of carrier oil onto growing kids’ legs before bedtime.
- Rub Deep Blue on lower back muscles after a day of heavy lifting at work or during a move.
- Give it an extra umph and Ditch discomfort with Copaiba and Deep Blue®
Speaking of Copaiba, it comes as an oil or softgels for easy oral consumption. Research surrounding Copaiba’s possible benefits in supporting proper inflammatory response, tissue remodeling, and overall cellular health have been conducted. The researchers found a positive significance factor in Copaiba’s ability to support proper inflammatory response, in tissue remodeling, and regarding cellular health. This is a paraphrase, you can read more about that research here.
Copaiba essential oil is derived from the resin of the copaiba tree which can grow upwards of more than 100 feet and can be found in tropical South America. Copaiba oil is widely used in cosmetic products including soaps, creams, lotions, and perfumes. Since the 16th century, copaiba essential oil has been utilized in traditional health practices by the natives of north and northeastern Brazil.
Similar to Black Pepper essential oil, Copaiba can help soothe anxious feelings and it can be applied to the skin to promote a clear, smooth complexion. Taken internally, Copaiba essential oil supports the health of the cardiovascular, immune, digestive, nervous, and respiratory systems.* Although Copaiba does not contain psychoactive cannabinoids, the main component caryophyllene may be neuroprotective and have cardiovascular and immune benefits.* It’s also a powerful antioxidant that promotes immune health.*
- Add 1–2 drops to water, juice, or tea to support the health of the cardiovascular, immune, digestive, nervous, and respiratory system.*
- Provides antioxidant support when ingested.*
- Take internally to help soothe and calm the nervous system.*
- Apply topically combined with a carrier oil or a facial moisturizer to help keep skin clean and clear, and to help reduce the appearance of blemishes.
Though it may seem strange, Marjoram is another great oil for pain.
Also known as “wintersweet” or “joy of the mountains, ” Marjoram was known to the Greeks and Romans as a symbol of happiness. Marjoram has been used in culinary dishes, imparting a unique flavor to soups, stews, dressings, and sauces. In Germany, this herb is known as the “Goose Herb” for its traditional use in roasting geese. In modern applications, Marjoram is valued for its calming properties and its positive effect on the nervous system when used internally.* It also supports both healthy cardiovascular and immune systems when ingested.*
- Apply to the back of the neck to lessen feelings of stress.*
- Apply to a fussy child’s feet prior to a nap.
- Replace Marjoram essential oil in your next recipe that calls for dried Marjoram.
- Apply to muscles before and after exercising.
Renowned as one of the most prized and precious essential oils, Frankincense has extraordinary health benefits.* In addition to its notoriety in the New Testament, the Babylonians and Assyrians would burn Frankincense in religious ceremonies and the ancient Egyptians used Frankincense resin for everything from perfume to salves for soothing skin.
This centuries-old knowledge contributes to the modern uses of Frankincense today. It’s soothing and beautifying properties are used to rejuvenate skin and help reduce the appearance of imperfections when applied topically. As the king of oils, Frankincense is known to support healthy cellular function when used internally.* When inhaled or diffused, Frankincense promotes feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction, and overall wellness.
- Rub Frankincense on your hands after a long day of gardening for a warming and soothing effect.
- Apply topically to help reduce the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Can be applied to the bottoms of feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood.
- Take one to two drops in a veggie capsule to support healthy cellular function.*
I could literally keep going and give you even more suggestions, but in an effort to not overwhelm too much I'm going to stop here and give you some practical uses instead.
PAIN PROTOCOLS (when Deep Blue Rub isn't enough)
1) Copaiba softgels (1 to 2) or Copaiba under the tongue (2+). For short term use & sever pain, you can take up to 10 drops of Copaiba at a time under the tongue.
2) Marjoram & Frankincense - 6 to 8 drops of each in a veggie capsule.
3) Marjoram, Frankincense, Copaiba and Oregano - 3 to 4 drops each in a capsule as often as needed up to 10 days. If still needed after 10 days switch the Oregano with Black Pepper. Oregano is potent similar to an antibiotic it shouldn't be taken in mass for long periods of time.
4) Helichrysum, AromaTouch, Lemongrass and Deep Blue - blend a couple drops of each together in a lotion and apply topically on the spine or where the pain is occurring. To make a rollerball for easy application, add 15 drops each to a 10mL bottle and top with Fractionated Coconut Oil (or similar). Optional - add Marjoram, Black Pepper, and Peppermint to make it even more potent.
5) Frankincense & Copaiba - internally 1 to 2 drops directly under the tongue in the morning as a preventative and maintenance measure. During onset or peak pain times can use in a veggie capsule 6 to 8 drops of each. For topical application apply a couple drops of each with an unscented lotion directly to the area and/or on the spine. To make a rollerball add 25 drops each to a 10mL bottle and top with Fractionated Coconut Oil (or similar).
If you're still struggling with what to use or just need extra support, please don't hesitate to reach out. I'm here to help!
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.