No matter the purpose for traveling or mode of transportation there’s no way I’m leaving home without my essential oils in tote! Today I'm sharing 6 oily travel tips that can help you maintain your natural solutions lifestyle even while on the go.
TIPS FOR FLYING:
1) Remember a full-size 15mL bottle is still way below the 3oz TSA limit, so even if you’re carrying on, you can still bring your essential oils and all your other natural solution must-have’s. (Make sure you check out my blog post in a couple weeks, on 6/18/22, when I share all about travel “minis”). You have a couple options depending on how you're traveling - carry-on or checking luggage, either way you can still bring a lot! If you're carrying-on you can bring as many 15mL or smaller essential oil bottles that will fit in a quart-sized bag and remember that’s one quart-sized bag per person! If you’re checking your luggage, there is no limit – pack to your hearts content. There are lots of cute essential oil travel bags that provide safe surroundings, so your glass oil bottles won’t break. If you don’t have time or the desire to get those, just use paper towels and a baggie. Wink.
2) Essential oils are super potent aromas that can fill up a small space like an airplane quickly. Remember there are many that aren't on the oil-train and could be irritated by the scent, so it's not recommended to open your oils while on a plane. If there's an oil that you know you'd like to use to help keep you calm or a multitude of other reasons, put it on before boarding, wear diffuser jewelry, or put a small amount on a tissue or handkerchief.
TIPS FOR ROAD TRIPS:
3) Diffusing should be the obvious here. Whether you diffuse for mood - calming the passengers or putting them in a better mood, or functionality - keeping the driver alert and focused. There are a multitude of great travel diffusers and some specifically created with the car in mind. I even sell the doTERRA Iris Car Diffuser
on my website that was a limited edition a few years back. For a road trip, I personally prefer a car diffuser that's ultrasonic (uses water). Ultrasonic diffusers allow the aroma to travel farther than a vent or fan diffuser - so ALL your passenger's benefit. You'll use less essential oil, and you're not compromising the integrity of the oil like you would if you use a diffuser that uses steam or heat to "push" the essential oil into the air.
4) A first aid kit is a great addition to your cargo for a road trip! Add in a few essential oils and other natural solutions to it and you'll be equipped to handle almost anything. Here's a very quick list:
On Guard® Sanitizing Mist - purification, eliminate bacteria & germs, cleansing
On Guard® - immune support, cleansing, seasonal threats
Tea Tree - owie cleaner, ear discomfort, rejuvenating, purifying
Peppermint - fever, head tension, energy, breathing, bug-be-gone
DigestZen® - stomach discomforts - bloating, gas, nausea
Lavender - stings, burns, cuts, sleep aid
Correct-X® - multi-purpose, natural ointment to soothe & clean skin
Deep Blue® Rub - soothe sore, tired or achy muscles & joints
Breathe® Respiratory Drops - clean & soothe airways, support respiratory health
On Guard® Protecting Throat Drops - calm & soothe dry, scratchy throat, immune support
Other supplies: band aids, scissors, gauze, tape, hot/cold packs, bandages, gloves, thermometer, tweezers, safty pins, and hand towel
TIPS FOR ALL TRAVEL:
5) Moods and stress levels can be all over the place when traveling. Because I could talk for days about essential oils to support the various moods, I'm only going to focus on one for all things mental wellness and that's Adaptiv®. It's an effective answer to reducing tension, managing the effects of stress, and helping to empower and encourage when adapting to difficult situations or acclimating to new surroundings.
6) Our immunity is always important to maintain, but when we travel we tend to over-expose our bodies to tons of people and new environments. In addition, many of us indulge in more food and drink than usual. Plus, we may have later nights or not the best night sleep. All of which can lower your immunity even more. doTERRA has a full line of On Guard® Protective Blend products that help support your immune system in a multitude of ways. Aside from the On Guard® products mentioned in the first aid kit, some of my favorites for traveling are:
On Guard+™ Chewable Tablet - these tablets contain the proprietary doTERRA On Guard® Protective Blend, plus vitamin C, vitamin D, Zinc and powerful beta-glucan. They're perfect for the family, free of gluten, sugar, and artificial sweeteners.
On Guard® Toothpaste & Mouthwash - self explanatory
On Guard® Sanitizing Wipes - the individually wrapped wipes are ideal for eliminating germs during daily activities or travel. Infused with the protective benefits of On Guard® essential oil and aloe leaf extract, the wipes clean hands while being gentle on your skin (even little's).
On Guard® Foaming Hand Wash - when you have the convenience of water, clean and soften hands without harsh chemicals or irritants that's fortified with immune boosting properties.
If you like to travel and want to learn more ways to incorporate and maintain your natural solution lifestyle while on the go, stick around with me over the next couple weeks. As mentioned earlier I'll be sharing about travel minis, and next week we'll be tips on creating a healthier hotel room.